Cats always land on their feet. Always right? Why can't I? I mean, I do most of the time, that's 99% of the time, but there's that pesky 1% hanging over my head.
When I was still a kitten, I was extremely curious. Well I still am, but this is about then not now So I was curious right... I had been in these new houses before on several occasions, but now I'd decided to take them as my own. I figured I'd even keep the people who lived there. I felt nice, and didn't want to throw them out in the cold. At Fritz's place I tend to walk softly and not carry a big stick. Hey it's a self-preservation thing, Fritz is bigger and you don't mess with the big guy. At the other place I'm the king of the hill, or the couch in this case...
It all started out one fine day. I stood at the door meowing my little heart out. That always makes those saps open the door and, hey, whatever works right? The door opened, the girl (who talks funny) went back to sitting on the chair in front of the box that talks, since I've learned it's called a "computer." So I had the opportunity to see what there was to see in the place. It had loads of things to jump up on, and fall off of. I tried boxes, I tried window sills (which are still some of my favorites), and I tried the little tiny spot under the TVwith a hole only big enough for my head to fit through (it got stuck there for a little while but the girl came to help me get it out, I was fine, I meant to do that.
Finally I found my true love, and nemisis in balance and gracefulness. The Big Blue Couch and Chairs. I mean I'd seen them before, but hadn't had the chance to look much. It was then that I took the opportunity to know them all, I walked over the cushions, I sauntered up the arms, and I strolled, catlike, the picture of gracefulness and beauty up the backs. The couch was no problem at that time, it was against the wall. Piece of cake, so was one of the chairs. Then came the hard part. About two feet away the other chair sat in front of the window, it was by itself and had no wall behind it. I'd be strolling without a safety net, you could say. I had the courage, I had the bravery, I jumped to the next arm. I missed... WHAM! I landed on the floor, feet first. Completely meant to do that. Stalked over to the chair, hopped up on it. All the effort made me tired, the sun was shining on the back of the chair. I laid down in it to nap. I fell off... I didn't land on my feet, I landed, upside down, against the window on the window ledge. I tried to flip myself over and managed to knock myself off the ledge too. I meant to do that though... I think...
I tried many times to stay upright on the back of that chair, but it had something against me. But the windows make a really cool hollowsound when I fall over and bash against them.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home