Image hosted by Photobucket.com


Bruna und Hilda's Beastie

Friday, July 23, 2004

Introduction to the WWW

After weeks of wandering around this place I found that AG spends a lot of her time in the little room in the back with a box that talks back to her with other funny voices, and a thingy that pulls plain paper through one part and shoots it out another with black chicken scratches on it (apparently they're words, but I haven't figured that out still). I'd sit and watch for ages trying to figure out what the heck she was doing, and occasionally attacking her right hand as she'd move this little tiny thing with a tail around in circles and click things with it. Truly, I thought it was something for me to play with, and occasionally I still do. She also taps on this board with buttons... it all looks random but when she does it it shows those word things on screen. So I guess you could say that was my first introduction to the WWW, whatever that stands for.

Now, I do have to say that the thingy that shoots out the paper has provided hours of amusement for me, I even sleep on part of it cause it's in a good spot to watch the birds outside but be far enough away from the window not to be cold... now I've got AG trained to pull the blinds up far enough for me to lay underneath them in the sun.

The best thing I found about the entire set up was that there is enough room to sit in front of the box thingy that talks, and the one with pictures on it, and just over the thing she taps on and get cuddles. It's right at eye level, and so it made it (and makes it) nearly impossible for her to ignore me. Ah life is good...

However, it is a dangerous thing to get up to it... it's one of those "Through Dangers Untold and Hardships Un-numbered I have fought my way here to the front of the computer desk to get a cuddle that you owe me," type things... I have fallen off the desk, been tangled in numerous cords, got stuck in the printer (I learned the word for that the other day), slipped off CDs and CD cases, and stepped on the mouse (learned that one too) and slipped off the whole darn thing at least four times... haven't done that one lately though... well not since this morning anyway...

Computers are dangerous things, and it's not the electricity you need to worry about... it's the accessories!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home